Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 6 -December 26, 2010 -The Weeping Yogi

The symbolism behind the Weeping Yogi goes something like this: The world is full of both misery and joy, one cannot exist without the other. The Weeping Yogi is there to grieve for the sorrows of the world, so that you and I can rejoice in the beauty and wonder and joy that also abound in this life. He takes the burden of sorrow away from us, and rests it upon his own shoulders, so that we may feel peace.

Many years ago I walked into a store in the mall and fell in love with this weeping Yogi. I didn't know what it was at the time or what it symbolized, but it was beautiful. My husband bought it for me for Christmas that year. It stands a couple feet high and needs to be rolled when moved because it is heavy. When we move cross country next fall this will be one of the only pieces of furniture that we'll bring with us.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment