Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 18 - January 7, 2011 - Books Rock!

Earlier this week Ashton, my 8 year old, came home VERY excited to enter a Bookmark Contest put on by the library. They choose winners in every grade from K-8, frame their bookmarks and print them out and have them available at the main library here in Vancouver.

He wanted me to help him, so we brainstormed some ideas, he sketched a few rough drafts and still wasn't happy with any of the ideas. Finally, yesterday we came up with "Books Rock!", but he wasn't sure how to draw it onto paper. I sketched something really quick and he took what I did to make this beautiful bookmark! He did a great job and was very pleased with himself. I didn't get a chance to scan it, so I took a picture of it before he took it to school this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment