Friday, February 4, 2011

46/365 - Stained Glass Window

Photographing nature is one of my favorite things to do, but the Northwest in the winter isn't all that exciting or pretty at times. The trees are bare and leafless, flowers only grow in flower shops and most of the time it's overcast and dreary outside. This project of taking a picture a day for a year really had me worried at times. I wasn't sure that I would be able to continue with it - because of the lack of beauty around me. This project has opened my eyes to see beauty in buildings, trains, bridges and other crazy objects that I wouldn't normally photograph or would ever look twice at. I can now say that I really enjoy this project and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Today's picture is of a beautiful stained glass window from a church downtown Vancouver. I chose this picture today because I had to pay a parking meter to park and walk over to this building in order to get this picture. I have to make that 25 cents count for something! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment